- Download the latest version of solr (Solr 6.5.1)
- Unpack it and go into the bin directory
- Start it up by executing:
- Initialize the configuration by executing:
./solr create -c files -d ../example/files/conf
- Index your files by executing:
./post -c files ~/Documents
- Open the web browser and start Searching
At this point it is basically already working.
I prefer to do some more optimizations:
- Open server/solr/files/conf/velocity/head.vm and remove the css .result-document:hover. This gets rid of the annoying zoom effect when hovering search results
- Open server/solr/files/conf/velocity/hit.vm and replace
This adds a link for each result to directly open the file. (as the link is local, you need to install the firefox extension local_filesystem_links).